Freedom from hunger and thirst
- Vertical integration allows for strong control of quality, flock-appropriate diets.
- Easily accessible feed is 3rd-party verified for per bird bunk space requirements.
- Clean, accessible water is 3rd-party verified for per bird nipple requirements.
Freedom from disease and discomfort
- Preventative medicine is paramount.
- Optimum hen health is achieved through management, vaccination, nutrition, and biosecurity.
- Environment is maintained to minimize stress through lighting, ventilation, and employee training.
Freedom to express normal behaviors
- Hens are able to perch, jump, and fly within their cage-free environments.
- Open floor space allows birds to scratch, dustbathe, and socialize.
- Nest spaces facilitating a calm, quiet, and isolated egg laying-environment.